Chartwell Insurance partnership with MASIS
For anyone living with a disability, finding the appropriate insurance can be a challenge.
Whether it’s a policy for the home, the disabled driver or for travel abroad – having the right insurance cover is essential in case anything unexpected happens. It is also important that carers and family members feel secure and protected as well.
At Chartwell Insurance, we are specialists in the disabled insurance sector. Our experts understand the needs of those living with a disability and can find the most appropriate policies for them.
We are now working in partnership with the Mobility and Support Information Service (MASIS) to provide competitive rates for disabled drivers, homeowners, travellers as well as anyone who uses mobility aids. Our commitment also extends to carers, family members and friends as well.
MASIS supports medical research initiatives which are helping to enhance the quality of life, self-esteem and wellbeing of disabled people and individuals affected by long term health conditions. It manages this by redistributing funds raised from donations and purchases advertised on its website.
Our partnership means Chartwell, and its parent company Adrian Flux, are now recognised by MASIS as trusted brokers for disabled communities. Competitive rates are available in the policies outlined below.
To find out how you can benefit from the partnership between Chartwell and MASIS, speak to a member of our team direct on 0800 085 6084. The call is free.
Specialist disability car insurance
For disabled drivers, it is often a struggle to find car insurance that covers all their needs at an affordable price. Chartwell is pleased to offer cover for virtually any car and driver, and has policies with features that are usually excluded on standard policies.
Features of our specialist disability car insurance policies include:-
- Up to £1,500 cover for a manual wheelchair in the vehicle
- Cover for carers to drive your vehicle; any driver cover options are also available
- Insurance for young disabled drivers from age 16 onwards
- Cover for adaptations on a like-for-like basis in the event of a claim
- Ability to transfer a no claims discount from Motability
Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAV) insurance
Drivers of Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles find it difficult to source an appropriate insurance policy. Chartwell has extensive understanding of vehicle adaptations and the needs of disabled motorists – and can provide cover to meet any specialist needs.
Our WAV insurance features include:-
- Like-for-like cover on all adaptations and modifications to the vehicle
- Up to £1,500 cover for a manual wheelchair in the vehicle
- Cover for family, friends and carers to drive your vehicle; any driver cover options are also availabl
Standard motor insurance (available through Adrian Flux)
If you are a carer or the loved one of someone with a disability, you will still need your own car insurance to get out and about. Chartwell’s parent company, Adrian Flux, has over 40 years experience in arranging insurance for every kind of car imaginable and will find a policy tailored for your situation.
Our car insurance policies include:-
- Free legal cover
- Limited mileage discounts
- EU breakdown cover
- Optional addition of keycare cover
- Optional addition of a courtesy car in the event of an accident
Mobility scooter insurance
Only those who own, or regularly use a mobility scooter, understand the liberation and sense of freedom it provides. Chartwell offer insurance which is tailored to the needs of the user and protects them against any costs if anything serious did happen.
Examples of the features in our mobility scooter insurance policies include:-
- Cover for all powered mobility equipment, including mobility scooters, power chairs and electric wheelchairs
- Cover for adapted manual wheelchairs with equipment such as Alber e-fix or PDQ Power Trike attachments
- Third party liability cover up to £2,000,000
- Optional mechanical breakdown cover
- Extended theft cover for mobility equipment kept outdoors
Disabled travel insurance
Travelling the world is now easier than ever before, but finding the appropriate insurance can be challenging for someone with pre-existing medical conditions or disabilities. Chartwell
offers cover in these circumstances, and will only require updates on additional medical conditions when the policy is renewed.
Other features of our disabled travel insurance include:-
- Up to £2,000 baggage cover
- Loss of medication and cost of urgent replacement cover of up to £300
- Sending a replacement carer to you if yours falls ill on the holiday and has their own policy
- Family travel insurance and couples cover options
Mobility adapted home insurance
Equipment such as stairlifts and specialist adaptations make a huge difference to someone’s home life – and such features need to be replaced promptly in the event of a claim. At Chartwell, we have the relevant contacts and expertise to make sure everything is dealt with by qualified specialists as quickly as possible.
Our mobility adapted home insurance includes:-
- Cover for all fixtures on buildings such as adapted baths, stairlifts, etc.
- Cover for specified pieces of mobility equipment i.e. manual wheelchairs
- Lost key cover
- Free Legal Expenses Cover up to £50,000
Care home contents insurance
Moving into a residential care home is a challenging transition for everyone involved. Contents insurance is often now a legal requirement for anyone living in a care home in the UK – and Chartwell offers cover of up to £75,000 for personal belongings and family items kept on the premises.
Other features of our policies include:-
- Cover for any personal items kept in your room, communal areas or taken away from the care home*
- The chance to specify any high-value items, such as jewellery and heirlooms, to keep them as safe as possible
- Excesses from as low as £50
- Care home insurance which protects you against break-ins and thieves
- Insurance for any mobility equipment you own, i.e. wheelchairs and walking frames
*This insurance excludes claims resulting from theft or attempted theft unless following violent and forcible entry. We will only pay for the portion of contents which belong to you or your family.
Contact Chartwell Insurance Directly on 0800 085 6084